‘Get Healthier’ Lifestyle education cards teach employees how to live healthier lifestyles by working in small groups or teams and talking about the scripted information on the Cards, and to practice these habit patterns. Groups of 3-7 employees meet for about 30 minutes weekly to discuss each card or topic, plus an additional 10 minutes if test data are collected to determine how much is learned. Employees take turns leading topic discussions and typically rotate weekly.
Each download of the ‘Get Healthier’ Lifestyle Education Cards includes Leader Cards, Member Cards, and Take Home Activities for each of the 12 topics. The Leader Cards have information, questions and answers to stimulate discussion. Member Cards have information and questions but they do not have the answers. All employees can use the Take Home Activities to practice what they have learned. These cards and activities are in Spanish.
‘Get Healthier’ Topics (1 double-sided card per topic):
- Hágase más saludable (hacer metas, podómetro)
- El sueño
- Las calorías (calorías en la comida, tamaño de las porciones, cálculos TMR)
- Los líquidos y las calorías (opciones bajas en calorías/azúcar,
- La nutrición (leer las etiquetas, grupos de alimentos: saludables o no
- Los bocadillos (opciones más saludables)
- El azúcar (natural o añadido, limitar añadido)
- El ejercicio cardiovascular (beneficios, cómo comenzar)
- El ejercicio de fuerza (necesidades semanales, rutina de fuerza de grupo)
- La flexibilidad (beneficios, lesiones)
- El estrés (cuerpo-mente, gestión)
- Siguiendo adelante (resumen, metas futuras de salud)
Evidence base: These cards have been used in a pre-post comparison of construction workers in Portland, OR. There were significant improvements in knowledge at post, and lifestyle changes were seen in standardized self-report surveys. these cards were part of an intervention available as a toolkit; this series of cards are available below, and the training is available as a related product (below).
• institutional purchase order (PO)
• direct bank transfer
– Add $25 to product cost if paying by International bank transfer.
Product delivered after bank transfer or PO arrives, or after check clears.
• credit card (available on this page)