Pesticide Applicator Training – 3 (Mix, Spills, Effects) is designed for people who want to learn to be pesticide applicators and is based on the training needed in Oregon. It covers these 3 topics:
1 Mixing and Loading
• How to mix and load pesticides safely
• Protecting water sources at the mixing site
• Closed system mixing and loading systems
• Clean-up and container rinsing
2 Spill management
• The “Three C’s” of spill management
• Where to get help for managing a spill
• Spill kits and their contents
3 Health effects of pesticides
• The toxic effects of pesticides
• How pesticides enter your body
• Warning statements on labels
• Formulation of pesticides
Evidence base: The four pesticide applicator training topics designed to teach applicators to acquire knowledge and skills to be an effective applicator and to complete a licensing exam (Oregon example) were completed by 14 applicators, mostly in Spanish. All participants completed the training over a 1-week period and showed excellent learning on the post-tests compared to the pre-test. They indicated that they liked the class and their confidence increased for performing applicator procedures and to take a licensing exam.
Records of Results
Licensing provides an account, password option and secure server space where all results are saved in your organization’s space; results can be downloaded through our Data Reports tool (free).
• institutional purchase order (PO)
• direct bank transfer
– Add $25 to product cost if paying by International bank transfer.
Product delivered after bank transfer or PO arrives, or after check clears.
• credit card (available on this page)
Note: Trainings (number of ‘uses’) can begin at any time over a year from date on the license (per the email); 1-5 over-the-limit trainings are allowed to accommodate false starts. Once a training is begun there is no time limit on when it can be completed.