Teaches the math used to make calculations needed in pesticide applications (part 2 of 4).
Topic 1: Calculations an applicator makes, with extensive descriptions of how to use a calculator
• Topic 1 is especially designed for those with no skill in using a calculator (you can skip this topic if you already know how to use a calculator)
Topic 2: Calibration and application calculations
• Why is it important to calibrate an application device
• Setting the application rate
• How to calibrate different types of sprayers
• Spray rate
Part 2 of Pesticide Applicator training consists of 544 screens.
Evidence base: The four pesticide applicator training topics designed to teach applicators to acquire knowledge and skills to be an effective applicator and to complete a licensing exam (Oregon example) were completed by 14 applicators, mostly in Spanish. All participants completed the training over a 1-week period and showed excellent learning on the post-tests compared to the pre-test. They indicated that they liked the class and their confidence increased for performing applicator procedures and to take a licensing exam.
Records of Results
Licensing provides an account, password option and secure server space where all results are saved in your organization’s space; results can be downloaded through our Data Reports tool (free).
• institutional purchase order (PO)
• direct bank transfer
– Add $25 to product cost if paying by International bank transfer.
Product delivered after bank transfer or PO arrives, or after check clears.
• credit card (available on this page)
Note: Trainings (number of ‘uses’) can begin at any time over a year from date on the license (per the email); 1-5 over-the-limit trainings are allowed to accommodate false starts. Once a training is begun there is no time limit on when it can be completed.